EcoSmart is a complete multi-layer piping system manufactured by NUPI Industrie Italiane S.p.A. for the transfer of automotive and aviation fuels, biofuels and hazardous fluids.
The system has many international and local approvals – UL, EN, IP, Kiwa etc. – and is already used and approved by major international petroleum companies, in response to whose needs it has been conceived, developed and successfully launched into the market.
EcoSmart has a vast range of pipes and fittings including:
▪ Single-wall lined pipes for both product lines and vent/vapour and filling lines
▪ Double-wall lined pipes for more demanding containment and monitoring requirements
▪ A full range of electro-fusion fittings for safe, corrosion-proof joints
▪ Spigot and riser fittings
▪ Mechanical fittings
▪ Flexible and electrofusion entry boots for positive sealing of sumps
▪ Leak monitoring systems
▪ HDPE tank sumps and dispenser sumps
▪ Welding units and tooling
All products are available in a wide variety of sizes and configurations making the system suitable to various kinds of installation.
Cutting-edge technology and installation cost-reduction
The key materials employed in the production of EcoSmart is high-density polyethylene HDPE – PE100 – a material with high durability and working benefits to the user. Moreover, HDPE can be a more cost-effective solution than more traditional materials such as metal.
All EcoSmart primary piping consists of a multi-layer composite wall lined product pipe that combines the excellent mechanical properties of HDPE with the low permeability and high resistance to hydro-carbons of a new class of polymers used in the lining material and creates a level of hydro-carbon compatibility unattainable by other fuel pipes available on the market today.
The most common applications for EcoSmart pipes and fittings, both in suction and pressure installations, are as follows:
▪ Road and motorway service stations
▪ Harbour and marine service stations (Marinas)
▪ Fuel distribution in airports
▪ Fuel storage tanks
▪ Generator connections to fuel tanks
The EcoSmart system has been optimised for use in underground applications and for the conveyance of the widest range of the most common fuels available on the market. It is also compatible with mixtures of these fuels combined in the most varied percentages. Here are some examples:
▪ 98 unleaded gasoline
▪ 95 unleaded gasoline
▪ 95 unleaded gasoline with 8 to 10% ethanol (SE95-E10)
▪ Alcohol fuels
▪ Diesel fuels
▪ Aviation fuels
▪ Diesel oil
▪ Non-sulphur diesel oil
▪ DOM fuel
▪ Jet Fuel A
▪ Bio diesel
▪ E85 ethanol